Intragastric balloons in conjunction with a supervised diet and behavior modification program can help you achieve the health and aesthetic benefits associated with weight loss. More than 17 years of experience with intragastric balloons have reported modest successful weight loss and patient satisfaction.
In Andrea Bariatric Surgery, we use the adjustable balloon system where the unique inflation port allows balloon volume additions or subtractions alterations after the implantation. This allows your Doctor to start at a lower volume initially (less uncomfortable), and then increase the volume gradually.
This can be done multiple times. Patients who are intolerant can have their balloon volumes diminished. This provides comfort and caters to more effective weight loss.
Intragstric balloon insertion is done endoscopically under sedation. No hospital stay is required and patients will be discharged on the same day of the procedure.
𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒏:
1) No surgery or hospitalisation required
2) Sits in your stomach making you feel full much faster
3) Significant weight loss (15-20% of body weight)
4) Can be removed at anytime
𝑾𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑻𝒁3 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒏. 𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑻𝒁3 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒏:
1) Intragastric balloon with the highest success rate
2) The only balloon in the world that can be size adjusted
3) Size can be made bigger if weight loss plateau after 4 months
4) Size can be made smaller if too much discomfort after insertion
5) Sits in your stomach for 1 year (Ample time to change our behaviour towards food)